Organisation Design seeks to optimise human achievement. The premise is to construct an organisation to make it easier for people to achieve results. A well designed organisation is centred around information flow, and is built upon relationships. Organisations are people.
The process begins with a formal declaration of the Purpose, Vision, and Strategy of the organisation, followed by definition of the specific Strategic Initiatives to be undertaken. Each Strategic Initiative becomes a distinct mini-organisation, designed to achieve specific outcomes. People, Information, and Technology are organised around successful achievement of the organisational—collective—outcomes.
The Organisation Design process will help the clients:
- Define the true purpose of your organisation
- Create a reality–based vision for the future
- Develop both internal and external customer focus
- Build a strategy for success
- Specify operating goals and objectives
- Implement information–based work flows
- Implement a decision–based organisation structure
- Develop responsibility–based leadership
- Develop commitment–based membership