The communications environment around the world is undergoing rapid change. The spread of new technology and the trend towards increased liberalisation and privatisation have opened up telecoms markets, leading to new styles of regulation. IGB’s consultants have assisted a number of regulators to adapt and implement new regulatory regimes.
As a result, IGB has gained unrivalled project expertise in telecommunications reform, institutional development and regulatory structures.
IGB multi-disciplined team and its expert European partners have global expertise in all aspects of legal, commercial and technical aspects of regulation, and can provide comprehensive and up to date advice on:
- Dealing with aspects of the regulated market – including Telecommunications Acts, regulatory authorities, Public Telecommunications Operators, equipment approvals and implementation of USO policies in developing countries
- Licensing – including service obligations, fair trading and Competition Law, tariff policy, licence modifications and enforcement, developing and introducing licensing regimes and laws
- Interconnection agreements – including terms and conditions, technical aspects, interconnection charges and negotiating agreements.
- Radio Spectrum regulation – including development of radio spectrum policy, frequency plans and advice on the design, specification and procurement of radio spectrum management and monitoring systems
- Specialist project management support for large-scale projects such as major sector review and implementation or procurement of spectrum management and monitoring systems